Friday, June 20, 2008

Top 12 Places in Washington

Here is another project I’ve been working on this past week (still in progress). I’m not sure how much background I’m allowed to share other than a handout was needed that introduced all national park units in Washington as well as promote our notable stories and unique features.

Giving equal face time to each national park is an interesting challenge when most people just focus on the “big three” or “crown jewels”: Mount Rainier, Olympic, and North Cascades. (It was interesting to discover that Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area came in second in terms of highest annual visitation). Also, I can imagine some debate about the cover, where each park is reduced to one iconic image. But the main point of that graphic is to showcase the diversity of Washington’s parks.

In any case, I look forward to developing this further.


No comments: