Friday, June 20, 2008

Sun=good for creativity

Happy Friday everyone! It looks like a beautiful sunny start to the weekend and I hope you all get a chance to get outside to enjoy the weather. I’ve quickly realized that you have to take advantage of any rain-free and cloud-free days because you never know when mother nature will come back with weeks of never-ending overcast skies.

Also, happy summer solstice eve. I can’t believe how much light we get at this high latitude. I love all this vitamin D and serotonin. Of course, we pay for it dearly during the winter months, right?

No travels this week and I think this blog may be documenting other things besides strictly field work. As I’ve started creating actual products and people have seen what work is possible, it’s like a snowball effect of assignments. That’s a good thing of course, I’m glad there is work for me to do!

I’ll keep trying to share what research and monitoring is going on in the parks in whatever ways I can. It’s okay for this blog to evolve; we’re figuring this out as we go along. Let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like to see here.

No comments: