Friday, June 27, 2008

I had a dream

I had an information graphic make an appearance in a dream last night. I was driving through a town in the southwest, somewhat touristy though no one was getting out of the cars because of the white-hot heat of the afternoon sun. I must have been lost because I found myself holding a map in my hands. I don’t remember anything other than the map key in the lower right corner. It had very well designed logos for the different types of on/off-ramps and highway overpasses. There was a bit of the third-dimension shown so you could figure out if a road went above or below another. I know this probably makes no sense, but I can vividly see the graphic, colors and all, in my mind.

Why that was necessary for this map, I have no idea. My question is, even though this graphic was “designed” by someone else in my dream, because it was my subconscious, am I free to use it in the future? I like it when all I have to do to find inspiration is fall asleep.

No comments: