Friday, August 29, 2008

Changes

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you're all ready for a well-deserved long weekend (I sure am). Today marks a number of transitions for me. My summer sublet is up and I'm moving down to the Seattle area, where I will be taking scientific illustration classes for the school year at the University of Washington. Don't worry, classes don't start until October, so I'll still be working for the Network until then.

My schedule will be somewhat sporatic- I won't be in the office at all next week because I'm headed to Glacier National Park!! Bill Hayden and Steve Restivo are doing some amazing, innovative projects and I'm traveling there, essentially as sponge to soak in their knowledge and ideas. Well, and share some of mine too, I hope.

And then, a week later, I'll be assisting video producer Ron Bend from Colorado State University as he films our monitoring efforts within the Network. Our itinerary has us going from North Cascades to Olympic to San Juan to Lewis and Clark to Mount Rainier...in 6 days.

So lots of great stuff happening this month and I look forward to reporting on it all! Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day.

No comments: